Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Monday, July 18, 2011
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Thursday, July 7, 2011
And then this one...
And then finally found some in this one... (believe it or not, there is two more stashes...)
After everything was dried and tied on, I was done with probably one of the easiest projects I have done in a while and I could not be happier with it!
Saturday, July 2, 2011
I have really been wanting a thermometer for my back porch but don't want to pay an arm and a leg. I found some really cute ones at hobby lobby for only 9.99 which I could have got for 50% off; however, I live in the Texas panhandle and you just cant leave light weight objects outside or they will very quickly be blown to oklahoma! I needed something sturdy so this is what I did:
I found this BIG thermometer at the dollar tree and then bought the large wooden plaque at hobby lobby for 50% off! Cheap!!
First thing I did was paint the wooden plaque. I am about to repaint my house and I know the shutters are going to be black so I went ahead and painted it black, trying to plan ahead! (yes, I put things on soup cans to paint.... that a whole other post tho!)
About half way through painting, I realized I hadn't drilled holes so I went ahead and did that. I knew I was going to be using ribbon so I did a little bit of a bigger hole that I would normally do.
This was the first paint job I did... which I loved... because I loooooovvvvvveeeeee mamoth ANYTHING! .... but once I got to the next step, my entire design was covered up and it made no sense. So I had to sand it down and regroup...
This was my second paing job. This time, I was sure to figure in room for the thermometer.
Next, I tied a cute little bow through the two holes and curled the ribbon. I tried to glue the thermometer using gorilla glue but it just wasn't working out and I am pretty sure I just got impatient waiting for it to dry so instead, I ended up attaching the thermometer with 3Ms removeable velcro strips. I also used the strips to hang it up outside.