So I decided that I wanted to make some of the wooden candy corns that I have seen invading blog land and that was when it hit me... corn on a stick!
What you need:
- 1/4" dowel (I got mine from walmart)
- gorilla glue
- wooden base
Here are the steps that I took to make it:
- I printed off a candy corn clip art and cut it out for my pattern. I made the pattern three different sizes varying just a little before I printed each out.
- I traced the pattern onto my free plywood that I have been bragging about and cut it out with my jigsaw.
- I painted my candy corn and used my sander to round the edges.
- After that, I drilled a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the corn to match the 1/4" dowel that I bought from walmart.
- I cut the dowel to three different lengths that I wanted which were 6", 9" and 12"
- I found the bases at Lowes in the fencing department and they came with 1/4" hole drilled already.
- I glued the dowel into the base with gorilla glue and painted them white
- When it was all dry, I attached the candy corn to the top with a little more glue and tied raffia around the base
It really was sooo sooo easy!